OPPORTUNITIES FOR BIBLE STUDY
The primary aim of our church's educational programming is threefold:
- To support individual and collective faith development through encouragement to articulate personal beliefs, acknowledging that faith is a journey and that beliefs are often evolving, leaving room for questions and an ongoing need to learn more through shared study, prayer, and an openness of mind and heart to the presence of the Holy Spirit;
- To educate, so that those particularly without Baptist church backgrounds (but not limited to these) can acquire an understanding of that which distinguishes Baptists from other Christian believers;
- To provide multiple, weekly opportunities for group Bible Study and biblically based preaching in the prayerful hope that the church as a whole and the individuals in it will continue to seek understanding of God's Holy Word in an effort to apply its truths to daily life.
There are classes for all ages from 9:45 to 10:45. The classes and their locations are listed below. Guests are always welcome to each class.
- Pastor's Class for Adults: Library
- Adult Class taught by Ed Hooper: Parlor
- Youth: Purple Suite, Room 122
- Children: Purple Suite, Room 121
The worship service at 11 a.m. is always focused on a biblical theme. All are welcome to attend worship, which is held in the sanctuary.Return to top of page
Throughout the year, special times of prayer and Bible Study are commonly held in the church parlor, which is a comfortable sitting area located directly across the entrance hall from the sanctuary. These small group studies are often based on specific topics and run on a sign-up basis. Contact the church office at 301.593.1130 to receive information on scheduled studies, or use the UPCOMING EVENTS link on the menu to the left.Return to top of page
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PRAYER
Let us use the power of prayer in full confidence.
And this is the confidence which we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (1 John 5:14)
The Prayer Tree
Any individual may activate the Prayer Tree by calling one of the Prayer Tree Committee Members. State the special need and the information relative to the prayer need. That is all that needs to be done to activate the Prayer Tree. If you do not have a church directory, call the church office on 301.593.1130 to activate the tree.
All questions or problems should be referred to the Prayer Tree Committee, i.e. one of the three persons on the Committee. It would be helpful if you also notified the church office so that the person for whom prayer is being sought will also be added to the church's weekly prayer list.
Person Mildred Doyle
How to Get on the Church's Weekly Prayer List
As a people of prayer, empowered by the Holy Spirit (from the LRMBC Vision Statement)
When there is a concern you would like posted on our church wide prayer list, call the church office at 301.593.1130, or complete a prayer card located in the pew pockets of the sanctuary and place it in the offering plate during Sunday morning worship service. All prayer requests will be kept confidential upon request.
You can also make a prayer request by e-mail.If you have a specific prayer request, please fill out an e-mail request. If you only want the pastor to know please say private in your e-mail. Send prayer request e-mail