Mission work is in our hearts at Luther Rice Memorial. We believe that our greatest gift is to serve others in our community, nation, and world. Below are some of the services we have available for our church family and the general community.
ENJOY! Seniors Program
ENJOY!, which stands for (Electronic Navigation For Just Older Youth), is our new senior ministry, designed to help seniors embrace and be confident using electronic technology. A series of programs are offered to help senior learn about online and smart phone technology. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Generous funding for the ENJOY! Program is provided for by the District of Columbia Baptist Convention Foundation.
The Neighborhood Center
Through Luther Rice’s Neighborhood Center we are able to feature the following services:
Through our food pantry, we offer monthly food distributions of food staples to those in need in our community. Due to a very generous grant from our partner DC Capital Area Food Bank, we can now distribute pre-packed bags of staples on the third Saturday of the month. We are open from 11 am until 1 pm, as long as supplies last. Check with the church office to verify distribution times, in case the schedule has changed.
You can help out three ways:
- Bring can goods and dry starches to the church any day
- Pasta, rice (1 lb. bags), canned meat, canned fruit, canned vegetables, shelf-stable milk, peanut butter, crackers, jelly, etc. Plastic bags are very welcome.
- No donations in glass jars, please.
- Donate money that you designate for the Food Pantry.
- All designated monies are used only for the designated purpose.
- Volunteer to help.
- Call the church office on 301-593-1130 and volunteer.
Special thanks to Good Shepherd Episcopal Church, Silver Spring, MD for partnering with us in our food pantry mission.
The Closet Clothes is also open on the third Saturday from 11am - 1pm.
Due to COVID-19 and the small space, the number of individuals allowed access to the space at one time is limited. Everyone will have the opportunity to visit the closet; however, there may be a short wait.